All true gamers must know what Call of Duty is, and if you just started to play video games, then you must learn more about this game franchise.
Players saw this game for the first time on their PC back in 2003, but today you can play it on various consoles as well as on handheld devices. Call of Duty is a first person and a 3rd person shooter game with up to 10 developers: Infinity Ward, Amaze Entertainment, Ideaworks Game Studio and Gray Matter Interactive are just a few of them. Some of the platforms you can play the games in this franchise are Windows ones, Wii, Xbox, iOS, Nintendo, Playstation and not only.
There is an original trilogy made of Call of Duty, Call of Duty 2 and Call of Duty 3 to which more series were added:
- the Modern Warfare series: – with 3 sub-games: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.
- Black Ops series – it also has 3 sub-games: Call of Duty: World at War, Call of Duty: Black Ops and the Call of Duty: Black Ops II.
There is at least one game which has been cancelled from release (Call of Duty: Devil’s Brigade) and then there are additions as well as 8 games released for the consoles and for the handheld devices. These ones keep the original name of the game, and some of the games have zombies (Call of Duty: World War – Zombie 1 and Call of Duty: World War – Zombie 2) but most of them are centered around the World at War and around Modern Warfare.
The original series take place in the World War II but Modern Warfare is set in modern times while the Black Ops happen in the Cold War. And if the timing is not really important for you, then you must know that Call of Duty couldn’t have become more more popular, and its popularity created many versions and additions to the original game. The popularity is shown by figures:
- at the end of 2011 there were over 100 million copies sold
- March 2012 counted over 40 million monthly, active players, in total as in all the titles released
- Call of Duty: Elite counted 10 million players
- 2 million players are paying annual memberships.
- and as curiosity, the latest game released counted over 1.6 million hours of game play. Can you even imagine the number of hour played in the other versions, because we can’t.
All you need to do right now is to make sure your PC is powerful enough to support this game, or, if you have a console, to go buy the version which appeals to you more. For this, you will need to do a further research to check screencaps from the various versions, reviews, and what not, to properly choose the favorite version of Call of Duty. If you’re a girl, don’t be ashamed to go buy it, as there are many girls out there playing this game as well, not only guys.This article is brought by Logo Quiz Answers and Logo Quiz.